Sunday, December 30, 2007

Engagement Party

Last night was the engagement party for C & P. Her grandmother has a huge house, and there were about 30 people there. None of F's family made it (we didn't expect them to) and my Dad and J are still in Canada, so it was just F & I and S & R from "our side". Had a great time; P's family all seem very nice. Lots of hors d'oeuvers (ok, I know that isn't spelled correctly) and then a dinner of spaghetti with meat sauce and home-made pizza. They had a beautiful cake made, too. Apparently the bagger at the store put the other groceries on top of the cake so they had to have it redecorated at the last minute, but it turned out very pretty.

We snuck out to the cars for a couple minutes to do our gift exchange with S & R. I received some beautiful hand-spun yarn that I can't wait to knit up. Just have to decide what to knit it into! I was thinking of a scarf (if I can find a good pattern) but maybe I'll make a toy of some kind that I can keep .... I'll post a picture on my Flickr site when I get fresh batteries for the camera ...

No comments: