Friday, January 4, 2008

Lousy Vampires

What an ordeal. Sat and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally they tried to get the blood from the back of my right hand. (usually the best spot) Tried again. Poked and prodded and tourniquetted and patted and got someone else. Tried the right inner elbow and the back of the left hand. Asked the doctor to try. Waited again. He finally was able to get blood from the right wrist on the thumb side. So, five new holes later, and a trip to Vons, I'm back home. I don't understand why it is always so difficult to get blood out of me. I mean, while the doctor was getting the blood, he was squeezing my forearm and practically wringing the blood out like water from a dishrag. Not that I know what a dishrag is .... heehee!

Anyway, I'm home and relaxing wi
th my Starbucks mocha frappuccino. Hopefully I'll be able to knit today, with all the holes they poked in me. My hand is sore!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
zippiknits...sometimes said...

What an ordeal! Crimminy sakes!

I had a big scar tissue lump on the inside of my right wrist for years after a "Probe" to set up an IV for an Op. I hope the frappuccino erases all bad memories. We wish, don't we?