Saturday, March 1, 2008

Some people. Humph. I was informed today that I do not update my blog often enough to keep SOMEone entertained. I pointed out to this SOMEone that my life isn't entertaining enough to write about! So, in order to keep my sister happy, here is an update.

My Ozzy found the hidden immunity idol on Survivor this week, so I am happy about that. As long as he isn't overly confident and not use it ... keep your ears open, Ozzy! Since the fans lost both challenges (Ozzy was fantastic in the first challenge, by the way) S now owes another dollar. Also, since Mikey B was voted off, she has to choose a new person AND will have to pay $.75 per loss from now on!

This makes the score: S - $2.00 and Me - $1.00.
HA - that'll teach her to complain about blogs.

She also complained that I use initials instead of the name of the person. *I* don't feel that I should put names unless people have given permission. And since I haven't asked anyone for permission, it hasn't been granted. Just for her info, though -- the post we discussed today is the person I told you it was, if you were referring to the one that sent the DVD as a house-warming present.

Went out last night with Duh, SK, and her daughters. Had an alright time, although sitting at the bar isn't my thing. It was crowded, and loud, and I don't drink .... but it was nice to get out for a while. Don't know that I'd go again, but I'll probably be forced into it once in a while. I was informed that I am a beautiful and vital woman, and should either dye my hair blonde or red. And, if last night was the last time (ok, I'm running out of initials to use for people. I need to come up with nicknames) ever saw me she'd be "devastated". This comment was made when she was a little less than sober, but I'll accept it as a compliment anyway.

Went to breakfast with F, C and P this morning at one of our favorite restaurants. Well, former favorites, anyway. Found out that they just fired the manager this week. Since he was the main reason we like the restaurant, we probably won't be back. His wife is still working there for now, but I'm sure she'll leave as soon as he gets a new management position. Just hope he gets something soon, and that it'll be near enough for us to continue going! He'd been told in the past, by the Mayor of Ontario, that he isn't "allowed" to go to any other city so that sounds good for us. And him, of course!

After breakfast, I went out to S's house (I'm going to start referring to her as "Sis"). We were supposed to be having a "Stitch 'n' B**ch" but the other invitees couldn't make it. So, the two of us ate some yummy soup that Sis made, and a pretty good salad that I "made" and then drove out to a new yarn store that C found for us in Pasadena. It was a nice store, but the owner is a little "clingy" and kept trying to show us different yarns and books. We both ended up buying yarn (which isn't normal for Sis, since she usually spins her own). She bought some really pretty sock yarn, and I got some yummy red yarn to make a gift scarf. We probably won't go to that store often, since it's a bit out of the way but it is nice to know it's there when we need it!

Well, I hope this is enough to keep Sis happy for a day or two. Even though it is all reruns, since she already knew about Survivor, and I told her all the other stuff today!

No comments: