Monday, March 24, 2008

Well, the first visit with the in-laws since the separation is over, and I can relax. I don't know why I was concerned about it, but I'm glad it is over. The morning started out with F coming to pick me up to meet the kids for breakfast. He gave me a See's dark chocolate Easter egg that he got from a co-worker (kids' fundraiser). I gave him a See's dark chocolate Easter egg that I got from a co-worker (grandkids' fundraiser). Two minds thinking alike ...

Had a nice breakfast with the kids at Corky's and then took the looong drive out to Joshua Tree. F was very good; didn't swerve from lane to lane or cuss at other drivers. Got to the in-law's place right at 1:00. N and R were there, and then F and his dad picked up ME and her daughter. Little Sav is getting to be a handful, but she's adorable. She didn't eat her dinner (too much candy earlier in the day) but promised to "eat all my cake" if we let her have some. Dinner was really good - ham, turkey breast, mashed taters, yams, asparagus. Mmmm.

We headed for home about 6:30, and made it in 2 hours. Not bad, considering there were quite a few places with slow and go traffic.

So, that hurdle has been jumped and I can relax now. :-)

No comments: