Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oh, almost forgot! One of my co-workers (also a temp) has signed up with one of the job agencies, and they required her to take a couple of tests to assess her abilities. They told her that the job market in which she is looking (medical collections) doesn't really require her to know the computer programs, but it is standard policy to have applicants take the tests. So, she came in this morning and said she was told that her score on the Microsoft Word test was a bit low, but that she made up for it on the Microsoft Excel portion (she scored 24 out of 30 on that one). Oh, did I mention ... she asked for my assistance on question 13 of the Excel test, and I ended up doing the rest of the test for her. Dishonest, yes. But if it isn't required for the job, why is it required for the agency? I just wonder - which one of us missed the 6 questions?

No comments: