Tuesday, April 15, 2008

That was easy, and quick! Called Direct TV to cancel the pay channels that I've had for the past 3 months. You know, you get the "free trial" and have to remember to cancel them before they start showing up on your bill. Well, the call was answered right away by a customer service rep (NOT a recording that makes you press all kinds of buttons before you get a live person); the call took about 2 minutes (most of which was chit-chatting) and the channels are no longer available on my TV. Can't ask for better service than that! Except that now I can't watch The Tudors. I'm going to try and wait until the season is available on DVD; probably won't be able to wait though and I'll end up downloading them from Amazon or wherever.

Found out from my dad on Sunday that Sis might have an opportunity to get Alpaca fleece. I wonder why she hasn't mentioned it to me? Probably thinks I'd expect her to spin enough yarn for me to have some, too. Which wouldn't be a bad idea, of course, but I know how much work goes into spinning the yarn (at least it looks like a lot of hard work to me) and I couldn't afford to pay her what her time would be worth!

I'm such a bad hostess ... just realized that I didn't even offer Dad and J anything to drink when they were here on Sunday. Sheesh. In my defense, I'll just point out that they are family, not company, and could have helped themselves. Yeah, right, like J would do that.

Well, my dinner is ready (reheated leftover Chinese food) so I'm going to stop typing and go eat.

4 comments:

Susan T-O said...

I didn't mention the alpaca because saying I might get it will jinx the whole thing :-)

SR5Rfan said...

Oops. Hope I didn't blow it for you!

HoyaGirl, said...

You can watch edited versions of The Tudors episodes at Showtime's web site. They have to take the "adult" portions out to put them on the web, but you can still follow the story. I'm addicted to them in spite of some objections--the whole Anne Boleyn courtship was YEARS long and Henry was old (for that time) and getting fat when his "divorce" came through are the main ones. I still like to watch JRM though!

SR5Rfan said...

Good to know - thanks! I can do without the "adult" parts anyway. And I know there are some discrepancies between history and the show, but I'm still enjoying it. And yes, JRM is part of the reason.