Monday, May 19, 2008

Another Day, Another 1/2 Dollar

Well, not really a lot going on, as usual. Had an ok day at work today; nothing special or exciting, but I did get more "pats on the back" from Kim. Really makes me feel good, ya know? Especially I started out the day feeling kinda bad. Had an email from B in NY, who is feeling a bit down lately. As part of her email, she said something along the lines of "let me know if I'm bugging you and I'll stop emailing". Made me realize how bad I've been about responding to her messages. So, I called her and talked to her on the way to work and I felt better. I'll just have to make more of an effort to email her and call on occasion. Really glad I mailed her that card last week! In fact, I had a message from her this afternoon thanking me for it - so she got the call and the card in one day! Darn, shoulda spread those out a bit more .. :-)

Anyway, she's thinking about possibly getting a new dog. It's been a while since she lost Ness, and I'm glad to see that she has healed to the point that she can consider another "child". Not sure that she'll get another Scottie; but she's made some calls.

Went to dinner with Duh tonight. Apparently, AJ had an email from Disney Cruises, asking him to send a resume for their theatre department! How exciting for him ... but not really good timing. He hurt his knee at work a while back and has been out on disability. Well, the doctor told him today that it may need surgery. Not good timing, if there's a possibility of a job ... but he can send the resume and just add a cover letter stating that he'll be available in Sept (or whenever). The only really bad part would be his not being able to see 'Phia.

Well, guess that's about it for the news ....

Oh, great ... just checked Sis' Flickr site. She's gone pro! Now I'm way behind ... :-)

And - a picture of my youngest BIL with Paula Abdul.

No comments: