Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Recap

So, I didn't even mention my Mother's Day! Dad and J, The Kids, and Hubby all came over for a visit, and we went to Applebee's for an early dinner. Had a great meal, good conversation and a nice time. The hostess greeted us at the door with a carnation for each of the ladies, which is standard for a lot of restaurants. Mine was purple. Of course, by the time it gets to be about 4:00 or so (which is when we went to eat) the flowers are getting a tad bedraggled, but it's the thought that counts.

The Kids came over a little earlier than the others, since The Boy had laundry to do. We looked at some of the pictures he took on the cruise; and the ones they purchased from Carnival - they are gorgeous! I sure hope I get copies of them ... hint hint. The Kids gave me a beautiful heart-shaped rose gold pendant, with mother of pearl inlay. It was so totally unexpected! And, of course, I received a Mother's Day card from "C. and P. M." It's going into my "keep these" box! I'm going to have to ask The Boy to take a picture of the pendant for me to post; I tried to get a good picture but wasn't able to.

And then, of course, there was Survivor -- and the announcement for Season 17 - Survivor Gabon (Africa) - Earth's Last Eden

No comments: