Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Irritated!

So, I noticed that my credit score had decreased recently. Haven't really had a chance to check into it, but I think we've discovered the cause. Hubby got a call today from a collection agency, wanting to know "how he wanted to pay" the past-due balance from a doctor visit. What past-due balance? The $10 copay, which you aren't even allowed to see the doctor until it's been paid. Hubby said he'd call the doctor's office to see what was going on. I fumed all afternoon, waiting to hear back but knowing that chances were good that Hubby may not get a chance to call today.

Talked to Hubby on my way home from work; he got everything straightened out. I guess when he called the doctor's office he couldn't speak to the office manager (she was unavailable) so he demanded that he talk to someone today. He got a call back from a gentleman at the Corporate office who promised that he would get the collection action canceled, and have it removed from our credit reports, within a week. Guess Hubby also gave him an earful about all the problems we've had (late appointments, not being able to get test results, etc.) Which, of course, is why we have now changed doctors. Unfortunately, I doubt if this correction will be reflected in my credit score. Just don't think they work that way. *exasperated sigh*

Other than that, it was just another Tuesday. Ms Supervisor made the drive to pick up Tuesday tacos for lunch, which was nice. We all pitched in and paid for her tacos since she took the time (not to mention the cost of gas) to go and get them for us. They were quite yummy ...

Trying to decide what to do for dinner. I fixed beef-n-bean burritos last night and have enough fixin's left to have them again tonight, or maybe nachos. I also made a pot of spaghetti sauce last night, so I could have sketti for dinner. I'm apparently not hungry enough at this point to make the decision, so I'll wait a while. All this typing about food is stimulating the hunger monster. Better stop, or I'll end up with burritos, nachos AND sketti!

Watched "The Other Boleyn Girl" last night. I really enjoyed it, although there were quite a few discrepancies from the book. And, I'm sure, from real life, too! I was surprised that the movie arrived so fast (especially after my one shipment ended up traveling from California to Philadelphia and back). Got the notice on Saturday that it had shipped, and it arrived yesterday! Anyway, I do recommend the movie. I think I like this Henry better than JRM. His appearance is more "kingly", if you know what I mean. NOT to imply in any way that JRM isn't worth watching!!!

No comments: