Friday, July 18, 2008

Temp Work = Ego Boost

So, while working this morning, I got another boost to my ego. Maddie told me that she had been talking to Jay - the "big boss". Told him that I'm doing a great job, I'm very quick and accurate. Then she told him that they need to hire someone permanent for the department, and it should be me. Yay, me! Makes me feel pretty good about myself to have worked 2 temp jobs, and had employees at both places wish I could be hired permanently! Of course, the first couple days I was there and chatted a little with Jay, I didn't realize he was the big boss. Hope I was nice and polite and friendly :-)

As a summer treat this afternoon, we were served root beer floats. I'm not a huge fan of root beer, but I do like it as a float. Must be something special in that scoop of so-called iced cream.

Barb gets to go tomorrow and visit her new puppy. It'll still be a few weeks before she can bring him home, but she's excited about getting to see him. I'm hoping she'll be able to take pictures while she's there. I'd love to see a puppy picture, and I know it would mean a lot to Barb to be able to chronicle his life right from this first visit. She is planning on getting a picture of his mom, if nothing else.

The apartment crew is working on the upstairs apartment, getting it ready for a new tenant. They are awfully noisy, and I would have figured they'd quit before now. Hmm, one of the guys just walked past the window carrying a bucket; maybe they ARE quitting now! Especially since they were already up there and working before 7:00 this morning. If they start that early tomorrow, I think I'll call the office and put in a complaint. It's bad enough that the tenants are noisy, the management doesn't have much control over normal day-to-day activity. However, they don't need to be working in the upstairs apartments while people may still be trying to sleep in the morning. And yes, I know "day sleepers" complain about daytime stuff. But I'm not a day sleeper - unless I'm napping on the couch!

No comments: