Monday, September 29, 2008

Don't Know Who Is At Fault

Sure wasted my time this morning. Finally had my appointment at DMV to bring in the paperwork from the eye doctor. The first thing the guy does is ask me to read the eye chart. I explain to him that I can't read the eye chart with only my left eye, which is why the doctor filled out the forms stating that I am ok to drive. Apparently, no I'm not. Now I have to go back at the end of October and take a driving test, "just to make sure" that I can drive. Of course, they extended my current drivers' license so I can continue driving (even though I am too blind to do so). So, is the DMV at fault for telling me I only had to have the paperwork done (otherwise I would have taken the test a month ago) or is the eye doctor at fault for telling me that I was ok to drive? *sigh* I hate going to the DMV. By the way, according to the guy at the DMV, I am legally blind in my left eye.

Stopped off at Duh's on the way home from work to check up on George. He was very happy to see me. I made sure he had plenty of food and water, cleaned out his box and let him drink from the faucet for a while. Spent about 15 minutes or so, I guess.

Have to decide if I want to watch DWTS tonight, or the CBS lineup. I think I may go for the sitcoms. OH - forgot to post yesterday: The Kids came over to do laundry yesterday after we met for breakfast. They wanted to watch the DVDs of "Pushing Daisies" (or at least The Girl wanted to) and I reminded them that I only have the laptop, so we'd have to hook it up to the TV so everyone could see the show. They said they had to stop off "to get quarters for the washing machine". Well, what they actually did was go to Target and bought me a DVD player to replace the defective one I had! Wasn't that nice of them!!!

Today's picture is of my nephew Hoover, inspecting the All-iday prizes.

No comments: