Sunday, September 7, 2008

Well, I'm Tired!

Spent the day today with The Kids. We went to Big Bear, where they are hoping to be able to purchase a cabin sometime in the near future. Probably not as soon as they would like, but sometime soon. We left here a little before 8:00, and headed up the hill. We had breakfast at the Grizzly Manor Cafe, which is owned by ... let's see, what is the easiest way to phrase this. AJ, the son of my best friend, Duh, has a friend BB. The restaurant is owned by the parents of BB. I ate about 1/3 of a pancake. I know that doesn't sound like much but I had cut the pancake in half and "doubled it up" on the plate. It still covered the majority of the plate and was about an inch thick. The picture is of the side of the building, because I didn't think about taking it until we were leaving, and I was too lazy to go all the way around to the front.

After that, we drove around and looked at cabins for sale. About 35 of them, in all. Most were in the Sugarloaf area, which is where Dad's cabin was. Well, the cabin is still there but it isn't Dad's any more. And, speaking of the old cabin -- it sure looks different than I remembered it. The main change is that it is a lot closer to the street than I remember it being! However, we were pleasantly surprised to see the furniture out on the porch - it was two of the old kitchen chairs and the mosaic-y end table from the living room! Nice to know the old stuff is still around.

Looked after we looked at all the cabins on the list, we wandered around the "nature center" for a bit. Mainly a gift shop, but it had some nice stuff. Went to La Paws Inn for dinner (a taco and 2 enchiladas for me) and headed down for home. Got back to the area at about 7:00 and met FM for dessert while he had dinner. All in all, a pretty good day.

Oh, and I took pics of Easy's Market and the bar in Sugarloaf to send to Dad. They're posted on Flickr.

No comments: