Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ohhh - Kaay ....

Had an interesting conversation this afternoon with one of my co-workers, AZ. She said that she noticed me eating oatmeal this morning, and asked me how "I made it". I guess I got a blank look on my face because she said that she knew it was instant, but how'd I fix it? I said, "Well, I opened the packet, poured the oatmeal into the bowl, added water and microwaved it for one minute." She got an odd look on her face, laughed, and said "That's what I did wrong!" Apparently, she and her husband had never made oatmeal before and her husband decided he'd never eat it again. They decided to use milk instead of water. So, how did she make the oatmeal? She opened the packet, poured the oatmeal into a bowl, added milk and served it. Yep, served it. No microwaving. No heating of the milk prior to it being added to the oatmeal. Ew!

It is Survivor night, and I don't know if I'm up to watching it or not. I mean, I can only take so much humiliation for my team ... besides the fact that I'm going broke! And it is tempting to go to the "spoiler" thread at FoRT, since the show has already started for those in the Eastern part of the US. It's nice that everyone at FoRT respects the time zones and only posts show info in the spoiler threads until Friday so we don't accidentally read them if we don't want to know ahead of time.

Well, I'm going to try and decide what to eat for dinner (probably a hamburger) and read for a bit.

No comments: