Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A New President

Well, election day is over - and the announcement that Obama won was made just minutes after the polls closed in California. McCain has already given his speech congratulating Barack and thanking his (McCain's) supporters. Wonder how that makes the people at the polls in Hawaii feel, knowing that their ballots won't affect the Presidential race at all? I know that there are other issues to vote for or against, but still feel that announcements shouldn't be made until ALL the polls have closed.

We're trying to figure when to celebrate Dad's birthday (which is on Thursday). Sis thought J was thinking of having his b-day dinner this weekend, The Boy thought it is supposed to be the following weekend. I checked with Dad - they don't have a set date and would be ok with either day. I'm tentatively scheduled to work the Harvest Fair again this weekend, but have already told Duh that I probably won't make it. There won't be as much to do since another group is handling the saloon (the BI Social Club and the Kiwanis each take a weekend) and they only need a couple of people to handle the "prize wheel", so I'm sure I won't be missed. Especially since they've gotten along without me for quite a few years ....

Anyway, it's after 8:30 and I'm going to wind down and get ready for sleeping. I'm already in my jammies ... and feeling quite comfy.

No comments: