Friday, January 30, 2009

EOW and Almost EOM

Had a pretty satisfying end of the week (eow) today. I've been a bit worried at work ... a lady that used to work in the Chino office and had transferred to Denver is coming back as of next Monday. Her husband has some medical problems and had to leave the altitude of Denver. Well, I figured I'd be on my way back to unemployment since I don't know of any other position they would give her.

We (the AP dept) were called in to a meeting this afternoon so that the boss could let us know what was going on. Yes, the new lady will be starting in the AP dept on Monday, but helping with research and projects until they figure a more permanent niche for her. She will be at my old desk -- and I'll be staying in the AP department (and employed). JR asked me to stay a bit after the others left the meeting; he just wanted to let me know that he had fully intended on me being hired by now, and then this situation came up and he's had to postpone it (again). He's hoping it'll only be a month or two before SD is given a position elsewhere in the company and then he can push for me to be hired. Sure feel better, knowing that I'm not being pushed out the door!

Month-end closing went well, too... and next week will be easier, because someone else will be responsible for the non-inventory invoices! Yay!

No comments: