Sunday, July 5, 2009

So, I Was Going To Post Yesterday

but I didn't want someone to think she had that much power over me. And if I had posted in the morning I wouldn't have had anything to say. Not that I have a lot now, but more than if I had posted yesterday morning.

Got a call from Duh early in the day yesterday to see if I want to join her and Happy at a bbq/pool party at the home of their friends, B&RD. I've met them before, and knew several of the other people that were going to be there, so I agreed to go. On the way to Duh's (to carpool out to the party) I stopped off at Trader Joe's for a bottle of wine for the hostess. Saw Duh's brother there ... found out he was going to the bbq too. Anyway, got to Duh's and hung out for a while before heading out to B&RD's. We stopped at a liquor store (a really nice one, they had all kinds of gorgeous bottles of booze) and bought some stuff for the day, and some stuff for D&H to take back home. I won't say how much was spent, but it was a considerable amount.

Had a great time at the bbq. Of course, I didn't go in the pool (for several reasons, one of which being that I don't swim) but had a good time watching others swim. Felt sorry for one of the guys, who was thrown in against his will. And fully dressed. Fortunately, the wallet and cowboy hat survived the dunking ok, his cell phone was on the bar and not in his pocket, and he had clothes to change into (because wet denim is just the pits to wear all day).

Had a lot of fun watching the Husky swim. The dog really loves the pool, and also enjoys lying on the floaty raft and drifting around. Food was good (norma 4th of July bbq stuff), company was fun, and I had a great time. Got home about 1:15 am, got to bed about 1:30, and was up a bit after 6:00. Needless to say, I'm a bit tired ...

Hope everyone had a great 4th!

No comments: