Saturday, January 30, 2010

Gift Exchange

Well -- the Ravelry gift exchange has come to an end, and I'm so thrilled with my presents! It just so happened that my "gifter" was the same person as my "giftee"! And I know it was a coincidence, because not everyone had that situation - the website we used randomly selected partners. MB seems to be very happy with the stuff I sent her ... and I love my presents! There are 3 skeins of yarn (two Dream in Color Classy, in the Midnight Derby colorway, and a skein of Malabrigo in the Stone Blue colorway). I've never seen/felt the Malabrigo before, although I've heard marvelous things about it. And it definitely lives up to the reputation! It is so soft and lovely, I just keep petting it ... the Dream in Color is also quite squooshy and wonderful. I'm planning on making a shawl with it, if I can ever find the darned link to the pattern again! I also received 2 washcloths and a hand towel based on Supernatural, a "James" bookmark (from Twilight), a tin of blueberry tea and a story that was written just for me. Cool, huh?

I need to come up with projects for the Ravelympics, since it's getting closer to the start date. For those of you who don't know what this is (yeah, right, I'm sure my only reader knows about it) -- the Ravelry forums hold "competitions" during the Olympics -- there are several categories, so first I need to pick a category and then a project. Or maybe I should pick a project and then fit it into a category. Anyway, we're supposed to start during the opening ceremonies, and complete any/all projects by the end of closing ceremonies.

No comments: