Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Remember Me?

Ya know, I really should just delete this blog, considering I rarely update it any more. But, I'll keep it, and will hopefully get better about posting. And it isn't even that I'm not doing anything ... I just don't think to post about it! So ... we'll start with the Olympics. I'm very disappointed in the fact that we are getting all the coverage on time delay. We're in the same time zone as the Games, so why do we have to wait to see the events? Especially since the news reports tell us who won medals before we can watch ... and all my on-line friends chat during the events; I feel left out, because I have NO IDEA what they are talking about! ::sigh::

However, on Friday, I got to meet one of my online friends, and make a new one!! Kiya (from Australia) is out visiting Catty, and I met them at The Grove for lunch!! They are so much fun ... we sat at Cheesecake Factory for three hours, just talking and laughing (and eating, of course). It was such a blast - I wish we could have stayed longer, but they had plans for the evening. (That's Catty on the left, Kiya on the right.)

Saturday, I went to Duh's to help with wedding plans. What's that, you say? What wedding? Didn't I mention -- Duh and Happy are engaged! They're hoping to get married in April, at the Ren Faire. I am so happy for them both!! We didn't do a lot of planning, because they need to make sure of the date/time before they can really do a lot - but they have some basics in mind. We're going to go try on outfits this Saturday ... I'll probably wear the bodice/skirt that Duh gave me for Christmas (the one I wore last year), but ... we'll see.

Sunday was the Daytona race party. It was a long day, but I had a great time. The driver I had didn't win, but BK's driver came in second, so she was excited. And since Duh had the day off yesterday, I ended up staying later than I'd planned -- got home about 6:30 last night. Normally, this wouldn't have been a problem. However ---

Had my carpets cleaned on Saturday. This was not a problem. The guy asked me to lock Little Thing in the bathroom, so she didn't get out the front door while he was working. Even though I told him I wouldn't be home and asked him to make sure to let her out when he finished ... HE DIDN'T LET HER OUT! The poor cat spent 2-1/2 days locked in a little bathroom, with no food or water. Needless to say, she was totally pissed off - and I wasn't so happy, either. I'm going to mention it to the apartment manager - I know it won't change what happened, but maybe she can talk to him and make sure it doesn't happen to someone else's pet. And yes, the cat is fine ... but THAT isn't the point.

Oh - and last week, I received a loaf of home-made bread from one of the knitting ladies, and she included some artwork from her sons ... the art is, of course, on my fridge. The bread? Long gone. It was DELICIOUS.

No comments: