Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Past Weekend

My older brother is visiting this week from Oregon. It's been years since I've seen him. The whole family went to dinner at Dad & J's on Saturday (Dad made spaghetti and meatballs, yum!!) and we had a really nice visit. T is looking really good (for a man his age - hahahahahahaha) and so much like Dad. Sounds like him, too.

Had breakfast with Duh on Sunday, and a trip to Borders. Bought 4 books. I got the Beck Weathers book "Left For Dead" about the disastrous Mt Everest expedition in 1996. Just finished rereading "Into Thin Air" (Jon Krakauer's book) on Saturday, so I decided to pick up this one. Almost bought the one by Anatoli Boukreev, too, but if I remember correctly I didn't really enjoy that one. I find it such a fascinating subject, though, I may end up going back for the book. Or maybe I'll just check it out of the library again. Don't know that I'm excited about the mountain itself so much, but that particular expedition interests me. And that people continue to climb it, even knowing how dangerous it can be!

Then, yesterday, P and I drove out and took T to lunch so they could get to know each other a little bit better. It was another nice visit, lots of talking and laughing. I think they got along ok; seemed like it, anyway! Stayed talking later than we had intended, so we found a little bit of traffic on the way home, although not nearly as much as I had expected at that time. Met C at The Whole Enchilada for some happy hour tacos in the bar and then home. It was a long day, with a lot of driving for me. I was pretty tired when I got home. Tried to wait up for F but ended up going to bed about 10:00. He got home right after that, so I did actually get to talk to him a little. He brought a nice "styro" for Buster. Buster, of course, was ecstatic.

No comments: