Monday, December 17, 2007

Finale / Reunion

What an evening! Went to the Survivor finale and live reunion taping last night. I know, it isn't live if it's taped. However, WE watched it while it aired live on the East Coast and it was tape-delayed for the West Coast. First was an early dinner at Wood Ranch in the Farmer's Market with S&R, and C&P. Unfortunately, F had to work and couldn't join us. We then went over to CBS for the taping and met up with S's coworker and her husband. Our seats were fantastic; and the show, of course, was a blast! And - to top it all off - Todd was voted the winner, so I win the $$ from S! I'll have to go over the last couple of weeks and make sure I've got the total correct ... don't wanna gyp myself out of a quarter or two!

Next season - one tribe of "regular" contestants, one tribe of "returning" contestants (one of which will be from the China season - hope it is James!!). Starting in February 2008 - Survivor Micronesia -- Fans vs Favorites!

After the show, F took us for a tour of the set which is always neat. We got to sit on the bench that the contestants sat on, and wander around. We each took some of the used incense sticks (with permission, of course) as souvenirs. Saw my cousin (he was the Prop Master for the show) whom I haven't seen since mom's funeral.

C&P went back over to the Market to meet P's grandmother, uncle, and brother for dessert and I was waiting around for F to finish up work. I was invited to go to dessert too, but didn't want to intrude on "family time". Since it looked like it was going to take F longer than he originally thought it would to finish up he called C and arranged to have him come back and get me before going home. He ended up coming over and getting me to go back for dessert since they couldn't get in touch with P's family. P and I split a hot fudge sundae at Dupar's, and C had a brownie sundae (which was huge, and drenched in frosting and hot fudge).

We did meet up with P's family as we were leaving, so we hung around the parking lot for about 20 minutes and talked with them.

All in all --- it was a great day!

No comments: