Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas Eve

Well, it's the day before Christmas and all through the house ... everything is covered by a huge dust mouse! Actually, the house is pretty much a mess. However, I don't have to worry about cleaning it today, because for the first time in over 20 years, we are not having Christmas dinner at home! Through several guest list changes, it has turned out to be just F & I and the Kids for dinner, so C is going to cook at their place. It's going to be really nice to be a guest this year.

My shopping is done, and the gifts are wrapped and under the tree. I really hope everyone likes what they will be receiving. I hate gift-giving. Not that I hate giving the gift, I hate the worry about whether or not the gift will be liked. We exchanged gifts with Duh at breakfast yesterday and she really seemed to like the pedicure socks. Yes, she finally got them. She also seemed to love the "quilted" picture I did for her (it was a kit, and was extremely easy to do).

The news is doing it again - showing people that are doing last-minute shopping. Hopefully the gift recipient(s) aren't watching the news. The lady they just spoke with even mentioned the price she paid for an item she bought her daughter. Sheesh. Talk about ruining the surprise!

No comments: