Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A Very Nice Day!

Well, I must say, it was a very nice day. There, I've said it. Twice, in fact! I received a very nice GPS unit and an HD DVD player from F, along with a nice jacket, a pretty blouse and a Survivor China mouse pad. He was extremely happy and surprised by the laptop I gave him. We also received a very nice DVD player/recorder from the kids. F is going to take back the one he gave me and exchange it for something else. C says not to get the HD one yet, because it may end up being phased out for the Blu-Ray disk format. C fixed a very yummy ham dinner (as usual) and the kids left at about 7:00 to go to her dad's for dessert.

Working on my second sock, and discovered something important. When knitting the heel flap, and it says to repeat rows 1 and 2 until a certain point, and then repeat row 1 for one more time, this is a very important step. Otherwise, when you turn the heel, it goes the wrong way (so the heel pocket is outside the sock!) Fortunately I was able to pull out the stitches back to the edge of the heel flap and then re-knit it the proper way. I am now going to stop knitting until tomorrow, because picking up the stitches along the heel of the sock is the hardest part for me and I don't want to mess it up by being too tired to concentrate on it.

Anyway, it was a nice Christmas ... and now all that is left is the clean up.

1 comment:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Well, good for you, finishing up the sock. I've put the heel cup at the end of the leg part once, and then sat there wondering why the heck everything was so ODD looking! It was a late night knitting frenzy. hehe

I'm glad that your Christmas was very nice. We had a very nice one too, as two of our children flew down to spend the days with us. Happy New Year, what's left of it! just kidding. There's a lot left!