Friday, January 25, 2008

So, there is a character invented by Douglas Adams, who is a Rain God. (um, the character, not Mr. Adams.) Everywhere he goes, it rains. I'm beginning to feel a little bit like that. Again.

Blue sky, warm temperature. I decide to carry my just-dried laundry out to the car. It starts to sprinkle. Sky is still blue, no clouds immediately overhead, but it sprinkles. I put the laundry into the car, go back in the house, and the sprinkles stop. I spend a little more time with the critters and then decide to head for home. As I pull out of the driveway, it starts to sprinkle. Not much, but enough that I have to flick on the windshield wipers every once in a while. Now I'm back home, inside the apartment --- and the rain has stopped.

I caused it to rain yesterday, too, when I went to check my mailbox. I think I should hire myself out for parties and events. Pay me enough, and I won't show up and cause it to rain! :-)

No comments: