Saturday, February 9, 2008

Well, I have finished my first week on the job, and I am really enjoying it. The work is easy so far, and varied so it doesn't get boring. I'm doing "general clerical" stuff, so there is filing, of course. I've also been making calls to follow up on insurance claims. I really hope that this lasts long enough that it can grow into a permanent position. The company is close to home (about 7 miles, I think) and the people are all friendly. I felt like I fit in on the first day. It is also a very relaxed atmosphere, and the lady with whom I'm sharing an office (for now) has her radio set to KFRG!

Having company for dinner tomorrow - Dad and J, C & P, F, and S. I'm going to make a lasagne and just pick up some cookies or something for dessert. It'll be the first time Dad and J have seen the place, of course. I'll also be able to give them their Christmas presents. I just hope nobody feels uncomfortable ... and I can't wait for the lasagne; it's sounding pretty good right now! :-) I haven't made a lasagne in ages, and it better turn out ok.

No comments: