Friday, March 28, 2008

:-) Got a call from my rep at the employment agency today, and he told me to plan on working another week at least! My last day was supposed to be on Monday, so it's good to know I'll have another few days. I'll miss the people I'm working with when it's time to go - especially Val. I think we've become pretty good friends in the past 2 months, and have already made sure we exchanged email and phone number info. I'm also planning on inviting her to our next "craftie" day (she does very nice crochet work).

I'm frustrated with the store where I've ordered my dress for the wedding. I knew at the time I ordered it that I was cutting it close, time-wise. They told me I could call on Tues to find out the actual ship date from the warehouse; when I called I was told that it isn't at the warehouse, they are waiting for it to ship TO the warehouse from "overseas". I've been stressing all week about this and finally decided to try and find something else. I bought some Palazzo (sp?) pants last night which I can return within a month if I end up not needing them. Called the store today to cancel the dress, and was told that they "located one in Philadelphia" on Wednesday and it will be shipping out to the local store next week. I told her I still wanted to cancel, and she said it might already be on the way. However, I can wait for it to arrive and try it on again; if I don't like it they'll give me a refund. I said ok. Val told me I should have just canceled it because of the stress factor (they really should have called me on Weds to let me know they found one, since they knew how worried I was). I've decided to wait, though, because the Bridesmaids have dresses ordered from the same store and I don't want to cause problems if they haven't been delivered yet. I've turned into a "Mother-of-the-Groomzilla"!

Just found out that season two of The Tudors starts on Sunday. I've just finished watching episode four from season one. Guess I'm going to have to spend the weekend in front of the tv!

No comments: