Thursday, April 3, 2008

Hurray for The Boy!

Finally, after working at CBS for months and months and months, they are going to hire him as a "weekly"! This means that he will be guaranteed 40 hours per week, and will be getting vacation time like regular people! As a daily, he was accruing vacation pay which is paid periodically throughout the year (I think they get one or two vacation checks a year from the Union) but now he can actually earn paid vacation time. It's been a long time coming ... his boss didn't want to have both C and F as "permanent" employees because he didn't want to be accused of nepotism. They were both working there anyway, and if anyone had problems with it, it wouldn't have mattered whether C was a "daily" or a "weekly". But YAY for C! And of course, P left this morning for her weekend with her mom and grandmother so she can't even celebrate with him. I told F to take him out.

In other news, I didn't get any knitting done last night. I am determined to work on my scarf this evening, headache or no. I can't go to bed early because it is SURVIVOR NIGHT!!!! and a new CSI. I may not stay up for CSI. We'll have to see how it goes.

Showed the ultrasound pic of the g-nephew to one of the girls at work -- she says he looks like a giant bean. I told her that's ok, as long as it is a Pinto bean and not a Lima bean. She may have just given him his first nickname, though!

Anyway, gonna end here and check out The Blog of My Sister, and KR, and read my book.

No comments: