Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ok, I know it isn't a competition, but Sis's blog is already better than mine. Hers is all full of nice, colorful pictures and interesting news about her knitting and stuff. I'm going to have to do better.

Did some running around with P after work today. Her jeep died on her and she had to get it towed home, so I went and picked her up at home and we went to the Mills to get some stuff she needs for her trip to Frisco this weekend. During our "travels" I saw this poster at a fast-food restaurant and had to send a picture of it to Duh ... it isn't the best picture I've taken (also not the worst) but it gets the message across.

I remember when we HAD to go to a certain breakfast buffet in Las Vegas because they had Cap'n Crunch cereal (and she thought she hit the jackpot because they had Crunchberries!). SO, when I saw that she could get a CC milkshake ....

I haven't done much knitting lately, although I really need to finish the scarf I'm working on for ES. It is just plain knit, every row. I thought that it would be the best way to show off the yarn, but it isn't the most exciting "pattern". I'd like to have another knitting/crafty day soon, although realistically it probably won't happen until after the wedding. This Saturday is the memorial for TLH's wife, and the wedding is 3 weeks after that. Of course, I can still have the crafty day on the 12th, 19th or 26th. Any of those days good for you, Sis? Anyway, one of my other WIP items I could work on is the pink/grey sock ... which is also all knit knit knit. Wonder where I put the pattern for the other sock I have on the needles. That would give me a little change in pattern, if I worked on it. OH - or the wavy scarf I've been working on for a couple years now! No, not continuously. :-)

I would like to invite VT from work, too. I know she crochets (here's two pics of a baby blanket she just finished) and I'm sure she will "fit in" well with the group. Hm, group. Sis and I. Not much of a group, but when we add in P and Duh, and Sis's co-worker, and maybe even MH, we become a group.

Anyway, after finishing at the Mills, P and I met C for dinner at Buffalo Inn. Had some very yummy buffalo tacos. We've eaten there quite often, but I've never tried the buffalo. It was quite good and I'll have it again. They only have the tacos on Tuesdays, which seems to be the trend these days. Not necessarily only selling tacos on Tuesdays, but a lot of places have special pricing for them on Tuesdays.

Anyway, gotta go take my shower so I don't have to get up early in the morning to have one.

1 comment:

Susan T-O said...

Yeah, but my blog is new--haven't had time to get tired of posting yet, ha ha! Not sure when I'll have time for a knitting day; I'll be at work this weekend, not sure about the next.