Friday, April 18, 2008

Well, that's another work day done. To start off, my friend in NY found out today that her medical tests all came out ok. There was a bit of a worry there for a little while, but YAY for the results! I'm sure she is feeling much better tonight, and I know I am.

Sis got some disappointing news about their move to the new location. She was shown a nice office that was to be all hers (along with pics of Jeff Goldblum and Survivor stuff, of course). Well, she found out today that they didn't have as much room in the new location as they thought. So now, not only is she no longer getting her very own office, she is going to have a smaller cubicle than the one she is currently crowded into. She's kinda bummed, but probably not too bad right now because she is starting her vacation today. Besides, HER person didn't get voted off Survivor last night. My poor little Ozzy.

Kinda put my foot into the mud last night with my eldest BIL. He had emailed some info regarding their brother's estate, and I made the comment that it was a shame that things have turned out as they have, because after spending the little bit of time with her, I "liked" my former SIL. Well, I got a voice mail message (he called during Survivor and I didn't answer) and an email message stating that I apparently didn't know all the details of what is going on or I wouldn't like her. He will call me on Sunday "to set things straight". Well, first off, I had said "liked" in the past tense. Second, I only know the little bit they have seen fit to tell Hubby about what is going on with the accident and the estate, I haven't heard anything from her point of view. And third, who is he to tell me who I can and can't like? Of course, I wouldn't tell him that last one because I want to keep good family relationships (if nothing else, for The Boy's sake). But even if everything they've told us is true, if I want to like her anyway that's my prerogative.

And I'm probably also in the doghouse for sending a note to FIL and MIL to ask them not to bring Hubby's niece to the wedding. She's not quite 4, and the location isn't suitable for young kids. Haven't received any feedback on that one yet, but I only sent the note a couple of days ago so there is still time.

Anyway, that's about it for now. It's going to be lonely next week at work; the only one I send personal emails to is Sis and she'll be on vacation, and Val is going to be gone Weds-Fri so I'll be alone in the office. *sigh* I hope Sis and Rafe will be taking a laptop, so she can update her blog and keep me entertained. Yes, Sis, I expect you to entertain me.

No comments: