Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Flashback!

So, in my candy bowl at work I have Cherry Cordial Kisses and Candy Cane Kisses. The peppermint kind of permeates everything. Well, I grabbed one of the cherry ones this afternoon, unwrapped it and popped it into my mouth. My first thought was a total flashback to the 1960s (yes, I remember back that far, on occasion) to the male equivalent of the Easy Bake Oven. It was used to make chewy candy bugs ... I especially remember a bunch of green and yellow ones, for some reason ... but that first taste brought me right back to those candies! And - for the record, I do not think that the "standard" EB Oven is for girls only, or the bug one for boys only. That is, however, how they were marketed at the time.

On a not-quite-as-happy note, I'm going to probably end up having to go to Jury Duty in August. Not that I mind the JD so much, so don't get your knickers in a twist, Sis! It's just that they sent it based on my address in Pomona (where I no longer reside) and have me scheduled for the Grand Jury in Los Angeles. Well, I sent in the questionnaire hoping to be excused based on the fact that I now live in a different County. No such luck, they just postponed it from June to August. I sent an email requesting that I be excused (for the same reason) and they said that they have jurisdiction over San Bernardino County, too .... I really really dread the thought of having to drive to LA. I'm hoping that, when the time comes, I'll be excused. If selected, I'll have to appear once a week for a term of either 6 or 12 months.

And, based on how all my other shows are turning out in the past week, David A is going to win American Idol tonight.

No comments: