Friday, May 30, 2008

Good Manners are alive and well

even if they are a bit misguided. Went and put my laundry in the machines, and stepped out of the laundry room. The door is at the top of the landing for the stairs to the parking lot. (Not a lot of stairs, only 5 or so). As I came out of the laundry room, two young boys rode up on their scooters and stopped at the top of the staircase. They looked at me, and said "Hi", and then just stood there. I said "Hi" back to them and waited for them to continue on down the stairs. They just stood there, looking at me. I said "I'm going that way" and pointed toward the parking lot. One said "Oh" kinda embarrassed) and moved out of my way. Guess they were waiting for me to go the opposite direction before they started off again!

Had an ok day at work. Hate to say it, but I kinda miss the "month end" rush to get things done. It sometimes feels like it doesn't really matter that I'm working there; I don't really feel like my contributions help get the money in. I'm sure I am making a difference, or they wouldn't keep me around. Just doesn't have the same sense of satisfaction as doing the collecting for Boyd did. I still enjoy the job, and hope they keep me on, because even though there isn't any satisfaction, there isn't any stress, either.

Anyway, my clothes are being washed, and I have taco fixin's for dinner. Rereading the "Constable Evans" series of books by Rhys Bowen, and have my knitting. So, I'm set for the evening! Oh, forgot to get the mail. Darn. I'll go up for it when I go put the clothes in the dryers, I guess.

No comments: