Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Morning Visitor

When I opened the door to leave for work this morning, I found a visitor on my porch.
I guess it isn't strange to find a snail on the porch, but I hadn't seen one in quite a long time. And then, when I got to work, there was another one just outside the door to the building! And yes, I'm sure it wasn't the same one. It was smaller. Although I guess traveling all that way so quickly could have helped it lose weight ...

So, driving home from work today I decided I was going to make tacos for dinner. (Sorry, Sis, if your tummy is still upset while I'm mentioning food.) Figured I'd have to stop at the store for some of the ingredients because my hamburger is all frozen and I don't like it when it has been defrosted in the microwave. Almost to the store and I remembered that there was something on People's Court I wanted to see ... decided to skip the tacos and eat something I have at home. Well, my Direct TV isn't working. Hunt around to find the phone number to call; can't find one for Direct so I called Verizon (my phone, DSL and tv are all bundled together through Verizon). Well, they show that it was turned off for non-payment. Hm. I mailed the payment at the beginning of the month. And the phone is working. And the DSL. So, I go through all the hassle of making a payment using the pay-by-phone system. And it still isn't back on. Of course, it says to allow up to an hour for them to notify Verizon that it has been paid. So, I don't get my tacos and I didn't get to see whatever the case was on People's Court that I wanted to see. *sigh* And I know I can go to the store now, but once I'm home I don't like to go back out. Especially when I have good parking ...

It's amazing how much noisier the upstairs neighbors are when my tv isn't on.

No comments: