Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday

Had a pleasant day so far. Met Sis at IHOP for brunch at 11:00, had some yummy strawberry "creeps". Which, of course, is my standard order when I go to IHOP. Since we had a lot of time left before we had to go to the jewelry party, we wandered around Target for a while. Checked out some patio furniture (ended up not liking any of it) and browsed through the movie selections. Almost bought a couple but figured I should watch the ones I have before buying new ones. Maybe.

The jewelry party wasn't quite what I had expected. I thought it would be like the Tupperware parties, where the guests all arrive and the consultant discusses the merchandise, then you place orders that get delivered later. This was set up more as an Open House. There were a couple of tables with the jewelry displayed for on-the-spot purchase. Kim also had catalogs available for ordering items that were not displayed. I bought a pretty bracelet, and then chose a necklace as my free gift for bringing a guest. Sis was a little disappointed that there weren't any pins on display. Even more disappointed when we were told that Cookie Lee doesn't carry pins anymore! Sis bought a set of 3 bracelets.

It was nice to get out, and I like to help out the kids and their friends when I can, so I'm glad that we went. I think Kim is probably going to convince The Girl into becoming a consultant, too ... which means I might be able to get some stuff at a discount. Not that I wear a lot of jewelry but I might wear more if I can get it discounted! :-)

No comments: