Thursday, May 29, 2008

Upland Street Fair

Had a pleasant evening. Met Val and her daughter Stephanie (and Shelly's daughter, Vanessa, whom Val was babysitting) at the Upland Street Fair. The Kids joined us, too. We met at the Mexican restaurant for dinner and conversation, and then wandered around the booths at the fair. Vanessa was being adorable (she's 2) and Stephanie seems nice. Kinda quiet, but that could have been shyness since she didn't know any of us. Didn't buy anything this time around, and am home in time for SYTYCD.

And - according to The Boy - it isn't much of a fair without funnel cake. Even though he bought a cinnamon pull-apart loaf. And didn't give me any of it.

Haven't been emailing with Sis much. I don't want to push things at work (since we really aren't supposed to be using the computer for personal stuff) and I don't know about the policy at her new office. I mean, I know it was frowned upon at the old office, but she was able to get away with it. I miss being able to shoot off messages whenever I thought of things to say. Same with emailing Barb. By the time I get home, I've forgotten everything I wanted to say to her. And it isn't the same without her being able to respond right away. *sigh* Sometimes I really miss Boyd!

Got a postcard in the mail today for the Sugar Plum craft fair in Costa Mesa the weekend of June 12-14. Wonder if The Girl and Sis (and maybe Duh) want to go.

1 comment:

Susan T-O said...

How funny--I got a postcard for the Contemporary Crafts Fair in Santa Monica (it's next weekend) and posted on my blog that you & Niece-in-Law might want to go. Must be that time of year!