Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Chicken Day

Left for work early this morning, partly because I wanted to be able to leave early and partly because I wanted to make sure I had time to stop at Stater Brothers. Had an urge for some of their fried chicken for lunch. Went into the store, and grabbed a sliced butter loaf cake (to share at work) and went to the meat/deli section of the store. To my shock and dismay, they had no chicken! I know it was early, but they always have chicken when I go in! The lady behind the counter said it would be about 20-25 minutes, so I opted not to wait. Bought a package of Lean Pockets instead. Needless to say, lunch was very disappointing. I came thisclose to driving to the other Stater's for chicken but figured I'd just get some on the way home.

Instead of going to Stater's, I went to Albertson's because I decided I wanted some of their "krab" salad, too. Bought 2 chicken breasts, some seafood salad (about 1/2 pound) and a piece of chocolate cake. Dinner time is 6:00. Don't know why, just seems like a good time. Actually, I think that's when Mom always served dinner ... that must be it. Anyway, one of the pieces of chicken was demolished by 5:30, followed by half of the seafood salad. I am now stuffed, but am having to force myself to stay away from that other chicken breast. It has to survive until lunch tomorrow. It must!

On the knitting front, Sis was able to interpret my pattern instructions for me, so I'll be able to complete the Scottie. I tried working on it for a while, but got my knit rows confused with my purl rows and ended up frogging that piece. I did, however, adorn Mr Piggy with his feet. Four of them. Took a picture and sent it to Sis so she'll leave me alone about the poor thing. :)

And speaking of pictures, here's an updated photo of my plant, with the Two New Buds! If you are having trouble finding them, one is just to the right of the flower, and the other is down in the "hollow" near the right side of the picture.

1 comment:

Susan T-O said...

Nope. Dinner was at 5:00. Dad got home at 4:45 and that gave him enough time to warsh up.