Thursday, June 12, 2008

Henry's Big Day

Well, I finally did it. After months of poor Henry suffering from a leaky tire, I took him in and had the leak repaired. He didn't get to go up on the big lift, but the nice man at America's Tire took good care of him. I was told that the "low tire pressure" indicator light would still be on, because you generally need to drive approximately 30 miles at a sustained speed for the light to go off. I figured it would be on forever at that rate. Well, about half a block later the light was off. Yay! It was getting on my nerves (which is one of the reasons Henry went in today). I'm sure he's feeling better, too.

And then, on the way home, I happened to pass a McDonalds. Even though I knew I shouldn't, I took advantage of the drive-up window and ordered a Big Mac meal for dinner. Enjoyed it, too. The fries weren't as good as usual, but the burger made up for it. Probably should have had something else for dinner since we're having burgers for lunch tomorrow.

Sis mentioned yesterday that Rafe is having a D&D gathering on the 21st, so she and I may have a knittering day. That'll be nice; we haven't done that in quite a while. Hopefully my stupid arm will be up to it. I haven't done any knitting lately because I don't want to further damage my arm (if that is what is causing the elbow pain). But since my appointment isn't until the 24th, I'll risk it for a knittering day. Maybe I'll start on another piggy (I want to make one using sock yarn and smaller needles). The big question is: Which sock yarn? I have quite a few of them in my stash. Maybe I'll go dig around and pick one out. I need to reprint the pattern, too, because The Girl has my copy.

The guy on "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader" just won $25,000 for knowing the answer to the question: "The United States of America is on which continent?" Even *I* knew that one!

Updated: He ended up "flunking out".

3 comments:

Susan T-O said...

Or you could, oh, I dunno, FINISH THE PIGGY YOU ALREADY STARTED. Poor li'l legless piggy. . .

SR5Rfan said...

=:-O
He is NOT legless. He has 4 legs. It's just that only two are attached, and two are not. And that is Duh's fault because she didn't finish him.

Susan T-O said...

Leglessest. Piggy. Ever.