Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Quite a good day

Nothing spectacular happened, but all in all it was a good day. Started off with a phone call from Hubby, wanting to know which hospitals I'd been treated in, and when/where was the last time. Seems Verizon was working on trying to track down the creep who had used Hubby's SSN in order to obtain some phones. Didn't pay for them, racked up a couple thousand in charges (between the cost of the phones, service, early termination charges, etc). He texted me later to let me know -- they found the culprit! He was an employee at the hospital, and there were several other victims. I'm sure glad THAT is taken care of! Hubby says he'll prosecute, but I seriously doubt he'll follow through. I bet Verizon prosecutes, though!

Then, at work today, it seemed like everyone I had to call was pleasant, friendly and helpful. Now, I know that doesn't sound like such a big deal, but when you leave so many voice mails without a return call, and talk to so many people that don't have a clue what is going on, it really feels good to get things accomplished. My leftover sketti was quite yummy for lunch today, and we're planning a "group lunch" for Friday (hamburgers).

Received an email today from Barb, with pictures painted by an amazing artist. Posted one here. Now, bear in mind -- this is a flat, two-dimensional wall...

As always, you can click on the picture for an enlarged view. (The person on the street is not part of the mural)

No comments: