Thursday, June 19, 2008

Stupid Computer

*sigh* Wanted to add a short post last night, and the computer wouldn't let me. It kept saying that I wasn't online, even though the little icon on the bottom of the screen was showing that it was connected, with excellent signal strength. Did the same thing this morning. Fortunately, it is ok now. I also managed to delete all but 2 pictures from my Picassa albums, but I think I just figured out how to get them back.

Decided to try an experiment and do a little knitting, just to see how my arm would handle it. As long as it was propped "just so" on the arm of the couch, the arm seemed to do just fine. Overdid it today with the computering at work, but that's life. At least I know I can do some knitting. And when I say a "little" knitting, it ended up being both. I didn't knit very long, but I did the body and one ear of a piggy. The picture looks kind of odd, but it is a piggy. I promise.

Had one of those "timing couldn't be better" situations at work today. I had left some messages for a couple of people on Tuesday. Ms Supervisor asked me to send out statements to them today. So, I went into the system and typed up a message for on the statement and had it approved/revised by Ms Spvsr. Went back to my desk, and prepared the first statement. Sent it to the printer, went and picked it up and went back to my desk. Just as I was getting ready to put the statement into an envelope, I received a phone call. Yep, it was the patient! She had been out of town and just retrieved the message. She asked about making payment arrangements and I told her I'm not authorized to approve that, but I'd transfer her to "someone who could". As I put the call on hold, Ms Spvsr walked into the office! So, she talked to the lady and set up payments, and gave the phone back to me to obtain credit card info for today's payment. Couldn't have planned it better if I'd tried!

No comments: