Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday

Had a pretty good day today. I was finally able to talk to an adjuster at one of the companies I've been trying to reach. Couldn't tell you how many messages I've left, or for how many different people. Finally, on Monday, I was given a phone number for one of the other offices and I left a message. Called again this afternoon, and actually spoke to the person I needed! Yay! Of course, she didn't show receipt of the claims (they are from February, so it isn't as bad as some of the others I've been working on) so, at her request, I have faxed them to her attention and she will process them. Funny how such a little thing can make you feel productive! I've also been doing some follow-up on self-pay accounts. Most of them are old, and I know we won't be able to collect (would YOU pay a bill that nobody has mentioned to you in over a year??) but I'm hoping to get some of them cleared up. There are also credit balances on a few accounts, so I've gotten all the paperwork together to process refunds.

While getting some mail ready to go, I noticed an address ... on Bobwhite Circle. Of course, my brain went to the "Trixie Belden" books, and Mart's famous exclamation, "Mac-a-chee!". About this time, there was a commercial on the radio for Macaroni Grill. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm adding a photo here, of the bruise on my arm. This is my reminder of the visit to the Vampire yesterday. You know, the unproductive one. You'd think that anything leaving a bruise like this would have resulted in more than 1/8 of an inch of blood in a vial. To be fair, I always bruise badly when I have blood work done. That's a dime next to the bruise, for size comparison.
And, when I went out to water my "garden" this morning, I discovered a bud! Just one, but isn't it adorable??? I had to take several pictures to get one at the right angle, but here is my baby.

Had a text message from hubby asking me to call him after work .... and he had some good news! Our friend and favorite restaurant manager has a new job. We've missed having our Eggs Benedict for breakfast, and now we know where he is working. It's not too far, although further than he was before being let go. Actually, it would have been nice if he had this location when we lived in Chino, since that's where he is now (he was in Ontario - not the Canadian one). Anyway, I know The Kids won't be around on Saturday for breakfast, but it won't be long before we head over that way ....

Now I want dinner, but I don't know what I want.

No comments: