Thursday, June 26, 2008

Today's Post

Well, I know I promised a "better" post today. Don't know that it'll really be better, but it'll be longer, anyway.

I still don't know if I'll be working next week, which is a worry. I was talking to LP (she's another temp) and told her I was tempted to ask Ms Mgr about it. Decided I'd send an email, instead. And then decided to send it after lunch since it was about that time anyway. Drove to Del Taco (about a mile from work) and ordered my food, then sat down. The cell phone rang, and it was Chad from the agency. Wanted to let me know that he'd talked to Ms Mgr, and she wouldn't know about further employment until tomorrow afternoon. She's really busy, keep a good face on things, blah blah. Sure glad I hadn't sent the email! Sometimes being a wuss can save your butt.

Wrote up more appeal forms for some Medi-Cal accounts today. They're kind of a pain to write up. You have to enter the patient name, 9-digit account number, 11-digit "transaction" number and 2-digit line item number for each item being requested. Now, mind you -- if the original billing had, say, 16 lines, the only thing that changes on all of these would be the 2-digit line item number. So, why you have to write all that info, 16 times, is beyond me. You then have to add the date of service, procedure code and dollar amount for each item. And you can only put 4 items on each appeal form. If they allowed you to just enter the basic info once and didn't leave quite as much space between each item, then all 16 line items would fit on one form and would save time, energy, and paper.

Item on the news this morning ... Tim McGraw was in concert, singing "Indian Outlaw", when he saw a fan being rowdy and pushing a couple of women near the stage. He stopped singing (although the band kept playing) and called for security. When they couldn't get there quickly enough, he reached down and grabbed the guy. A couple crew members helped pull the "fan" onto the stage and subdue him (it looked like Tim was going to punch him at one point) until security could get there. Tim then calmly continued with his song ... starting at the line "I ain't looking for trouble..."Anyway, here's a link to the video on YouTube.

And, to give you an idea as to how long we stay on "hold" when calling the insurance companies ... while I was holding for XYZ company (35 minutes, thank you very much) I had the speaker phone turned on so I could continue working while I waited. One of my co-workers was walking past the office and stopped, asked "Are you on hold with XYZ Company?" Pretty bad when you recognize the "hold" music.

That's it for now. May type more later, we'll see how the evening goes. Wonder who'll get sent home from So You Think You Can Dance. Hope it isn't Will or Joshua!

No comments: