Thursday, June 5, 2008

Words of Wisdom

that I received in an email from my sister ... If you want someone to interrupt you 500 times, just tell them you are trying to get an important project done.

and I like the tagline she's been using for a while: Keep your words sweet and light, for some day you may have to eat them. Just thought I'd share, although she's probably the only one who'll read this. And no, I didn't change the text color. SHE actually has her tagline in pink! Must be bored with the other color choices available.

I'm very pleased with myself this afternoon. I FINALLY mailed off the scarf that I knitted for ES a couple of months ago. And yes, I know that she really doesn't need it now, but if I wait until the weather is cooling off again, she'll never get it. I sure hope she likes it.

Took another couple of "growth" pictures of the garden today, one as a comparison and one to show how nice and full the larger plant is looking from the top. I'm quite pleased that it is doing so well and am planning on getting a nice planter/pot for the smaller plant, too. I may see about getting more seeds to add with it so it isn't all alone. I'm only posting the one picture since it hasn't been very long since the last post. I'm just taking the pictures periodically so I can track the growth. Maybe I should put a little ruler in the pot so I can measure it more accurately. But if I do that, the plant might think I'm pressuring it and I wouldn't want it to think I'm not pleased with the progress so far.

Got an email today from my Eldest BIL. His cystoscopy didn't go as well as they would have liked; the doctor saw some more suspicious tissue so BIL will be having another surgery on July first, followed by more chemo. Hopefully, this will get all of the bad tissue and he won't have to go through any more treatment.

Not sure what to fix for dinner tonight. I have some leftover chiggen nuggets, and "all rotten" taters, and I can nuke a little container of broccoli and cheese sauce. I'd really like some tacos but don't have the fixings available and don't feel like going to the store. Too bad there isn't a taco delivery service. Kinda like a so-called iced cream truck, only with tacos. I wonder what else might be in the fridge and cabinet, because the nuggets don't sound that appealing tonight. Maybe a frozen burrito, or a Hot Pocket. Soup? I think I have some veggie soup .... I should have picked up something on the way home from work. Oh well, I'll make do. But now I'm really hungry, so I'm going to go see what I can rustle up.

Edited to update (for those of you who were wondering): I had the chiggen nuggets, taters and some pork'n'beans. Now I want chocolate chip cookies, of which I have none.




No comments: