Monday, July 7, 2008

Agency Called

Just got a call from one of the agencies (the one that got me the job that just ended). May have a possibility for a temp position in Chino; he'll call me in the morning. It's in Chino, which is further than I want to drive (especially since there is no "easy" way to get there from here) but it'll be income. And experience. And it gets me off the couch and out of the house!

Could be worse. I guess my former co-worker CM still doesn't have a job (got an email from TLH in response to one I sent out today). Her husband must be making pretty good money, because apparently they just returned from a(nother) trip to Hawaii. I know the accommodations are taken care of with the Time Share property, but they still have to pay air fare, car rental, and all that stuff. I'm glad they're doing ok. TLH sounds like he's holding up pretty well after the loss of his wife a couple months ago. He says the weather has been cool and cloudy in Portland; guess we should send them some of our heat!

I guess Boyd is doing ok, although there have been several positions "down-sized" . I hope TLH has job security; it would be the pits for him to lose his job. He also mentioned that KRIII has a better position at the company where he is working now, and that GD, JL and JP are still at the same company in Rancho. JO is working for a company based in Seattle, although he didn't specify if JO actually moved there or not.

Well, I'm sure this is all boring info for anyone but me. I'll end with saying Happy Birthday to Ringo Starr and IHOP.

No comments: