Sunday, July 6, 2008

Quiet Day

So what else is new, right? It's been a hot weekend, and I've been feeling very enervated. How's that for a $5 word, huh? Didn't really do much this weekend. Puttered around the apartment a little. Thought about taking care of the little yard area I have, but just didn't feel like it. I'm not really a "gardening" person anyway, but I do want to get the little space cleaned up. There's a big plant of some kind by the fence (might be a weed, who knows) that I'm thinking about taking out. Need to sweep the patio and wipe down the chairs and table. Maybe in the morning. Hopefully, I'll sleep better tonight. Barring noisy tow trucks, car alarms, and slamming doors, that is.

I've been re-reading the series of mysteries by Laurien Berenson. Her main character gets involved with dog shows (Standard Poodles). Makes me want to find a dog show in the area ... not that I want to compete, or be responsible for training a dog. Especially not a Poodle; that hair is a lot of work! But it would be fun, I think, to go as a spectator. At least once. Maybe I'll check online.

Hopefully Sis had an exciting day that I can read about. She's started working on her shawl, and from what I can tell from the picture she posted (first 6 rows or so) it's going to be nice. Hopefully, she didn't just knit all day! I need to live vicariously ... no pressure, Sis! :-)

No comments: