Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Artificial Arbor Day

Had a 10:30 appointment at a new employment agency. Got there, filled out the paperwork, took the tests (AP, AR and data entry). Did ok on the AP, did well on the AR, and kicked butt on the date entry. Interviewed with the representative for quite a while. She gave me some pointers on how to make my resume more effective and would like me to send her a new one when it's been updated. I am also going back in the morning to take the Excel (ick) and Word tests. I guess one of the positions she had in mind for me requires them. Anyway, ended up leaving there at about 12:40 with a craving for El Pollo Loco. Drove to EPL; the line for the drive-thru was extended waaay out into the parking lot. I couldn't park IN the parking lot, because the only 2 open spaces were next to inconsiderate drivers who parked too close to the line. I might have been able to get Henry to fit in the space, but then I wouldn't be able to get out of the car. This defeats the purpose in parking.

Went to McDonalds instead. The drive-thru line there was pretty long, too. Parked, went in, and ordered my Big Mac Meal. About the time I thought they should be calling my number to give me my food, the called my number to tell me they had run out of Special Sauce. They offered the Mac without sauce, or a substitution of "any other sandwich". I opted for the Mac with ketchup and mustard. When I got home, I discovered that they gave me both the medium order of fries that came with the meal and a small order of fries. *sigh*

And, apparently, somebody around here thinks it is "Artificial Arbor Day". They left a fake tree out by my bedroom window. Either that, or I received a visit from the Fake Tree Fairy.

Two months, 16 days until Survivor: Gabon.

No comments: