Thursday, July 24, 2008

FedEx

I called FedEx during my lunch break today to see about getting an approximate delivery time for tomorrow. Figured if I know what time to expect them, I can plan my day, right? Wrong. They "don't give a time estimate" for "that kind of shipment". Which means that, after taking The Girl to work in the morning, I have to sit around and wait for them the rest of the day. Based on the time they were here yesterday (12:30) and today (12:45), I'm guessing he'll get here at 8:00 am, while I am gone.

Had a Boyd flashback at work today. Since they are having new carpet installed, the AP department had to have everything packed up and ready to be moved out before end of the work day today. There wasn't a lot for me to pack up at the desk I'm using, because it doesn't belong to anyone in particular. Got everything all packed up and labeled, and was out of there by 3:00. Day off tomorrow, and then back to work on Monday. I guess I'll be spending the morning emptying the box of stuff (that ought to take about 5 minutes) before getting back to data entry.

Had to stop for gas on the way home, so I ended up taking a different route through the farmlands. Found a couple of critters you don't normally expect on a dairy farm, so I had to stop and take a couple of pictures. Unfortunately, some of the animals were a bit too far away for the zoom on my camera, but I did the best I could and cropped to get the best picture possible (they are on my Flickr site).

This guy, however, was right at the corner; I turned onto the side street and parked across the street, a little bit away from the corner. The ostrich walked along until he was even with the car while I took a few shots. As I started back on my way, I noticed that the ostrich had come along the fence on the other street, so I had to stop and get a couple more pictures. It was worth it, because that's when I got the best shot - I think he actually posed for me!

No comments: