Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Glorious Words

and a wonderful greeting... "Good morning. There's donuts in the break room." Not grammatically correct, but that isn't mandatory when there are donuts in the break room. That was the beginning to a very productive day at work today. No problems, got a lot of invoices processed. Stopped off and got Henry washed on my way home from work (he really, really needed it). Picked up some baked ziti for dinner, and have enough left for two lunches. Not bad, three meals for $8. Can you tell that my paycheck was deposited today? :-)

Got home to find a FedEx delivery tag on my front door. Apparently, they attempted to deliver the little camcorder I'm supposed to be getting from Verizon. Unfortunately, they sent it "direct signature required" meaning someone has to be here to sign for it. I'll have to call tomorrow and see if they can give me an approximate delivery time for Friday or Saturday. I had wanted to check with Sis about maybe meeting for lunch but I can't do that if I don't know when FedEx is going to arrive. What a pain. My only other plan for Friday is taking The Girl to work. The Boy left this afternoon for Comic-Con in San Diego, but she has to work until some time on Friday. One of her co-workers is going to take her to the train station and The Boy will pick her up in SD. The plan had been to leave the jeep at work, but since I've got the day off I said I'd drive her in. The jeep is a lot safer at their place then it would be left at work.

Today is the first anniversary of Nessie passing away, and the ninth for Mom. The flowers are the ones that Sis and Rafe sent when my BIL passed away. Didn't have any pictures of the ones from Mom, but I know BIL won't mind sharing.

No comments: