Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Buffalo Tacos

Had a frustrating morning at work today; didn't feel like I accomplished as much as I should have. Tuesday is check-run day so we can't enter any AP until after the checks are processed. I helped out with the filing until it was ok to start on the data entry. Started with the drop-ship invoices, since they are more important to get done (we can't bill the customer until after we receive the items on the invoice). First one was from my least favorite of the vendors. Not that there is anything really wrong with the invoices, but they use a very small font which makes them more difficult to read. Anyway, this one had 138 line items, which had to be received and then paid. Of course, they don't have the items in the same order on the invoice as they were on the purchase order, so it's a lot of searching through everything to find the items you need. Got it all received, and processed the invoice. It was off by $13.91. The system will accept a difference of $5, but not $13.91. I then had to go through the entire invoice again, item by item, to find out which one was off. Felt like it took me all morning just to enter that one bill!

Anyway, the day went better after that. Got a call from Val at AccentCare; one of the ladies in the office management department quit yesterday, so they'll possibly be looking to hire a replacement. She suggested that I send my resume to Shelly. Couldn't hurt!

We were going to meet at Buffalo Inn for Taco Tuesday, so I decided to just hang out at Borders for a while until it was time to meet. Do you know how awful it is to spend over an hour at a book store, when you have NO MONEY and can't buy anything? I finally decided to cross my fingers and hope my paycheck hits the checking account tomorrow; I bought one book. That way I could sit and read for a while until it was time to go to the restaurant. I know, lots of people read the books and then just put them back on the shelf. I don't agree with that. To me, it's like stealing.

Anyway, F ended up not being able to make it (had to work late) and The Boy got there after The Girl and I had finished eating. It was nice, though. The Girl and I had a chance to visit for a while before The Boy got there. And the buffalo tacos were yummy!

No comments: