Wednesday, July 9, 2008

First Day, Job 2

Other than the 40 minute drive each way (I know, Sis, it isn't as long as you drive), I think I'll like this temp job. The people are friendly and helpful, although not as chit-chatty as they are at AccentCare. The office is a bit quieter than I like, no radios, but I noticed a couple of people with Ipods and earphones. I think I'll wait a day or two before asking if it's ok for me to bring one. Then, of course, I'd have to get one ... actually I have a little radio that might work.

The morning was kinda slow. It took a while for them to get my computer password working, so while I was waiting on that I verified receipts against the Amex bill. Apparently, if you are in Ft Lauderdale and want pizza, go to Papi's. There were a lot of receipts for that place! Once they got the computer glitch taken care of I was given a large stack of invoices to process. The system is extremely user-friendly. After entering them into the system, they are then put in alpha/num order. There will be a report run in the morning; I'll be given someone else's work, and my work will be given to someone else, for verification. Then (I guess) I'll be given another stack to enter. Not bad.

There wasn't a lot for me to do this afternoon, so I only worked 7 hours today. They say it was an unusually slow day for invoicing (I'm not the only one entering them in the system; don't know how many others are doing the same thing) so hopefully it'll pick up. Not much job security if you finish all the work they have for you earlier than expected! Guess I could work slower. Nah.

Anyway, that was my first day. Now I just have to figure out dinner (mm, tuna sammidge?), and watch SYTYC Dance. Hm, wonder who won the drawing for the TV? I'll have to ask Denise when I see her.

No comments: