Saturday, July 5, 2008

Noisy Tow Truck

The apartment complex has some rather strict parking regulations. Vehicles must be parked "nose-in". Fine, I can live with that. If tenants have two vehicles, they strongly request (but don't require) that one be parked in the tenant designated parking space after 8:00 pm. Fine, I can live with that, too. Any guest vehicles that are parked in the lot (whether in the tenant's space or in the open parking areas) after 8:00 pm must have a parking permit. That, too, I can live with. Un-permitted vehicles are subject to being towed at the owners' expense. Fine. I just wish they'd follow through with the towing. Not that I want somebody to have to go through the hassle and expense of getting a car out of impound (which is not cheap). But, if a tow truck is out in the parking lot at 2:45 in the morning the least they can do is tow the stupid car. This is the third time in just under six months that I've been awakened by the loud tow truck, and they haven't taken the vehicle. Not only is it irritating, but then I have a hard time getting back to sleep. Plus, I'm sure the apartment management has to pay for having the truck come out, the cost of which is included in my rent. Why keep paying for a service that you aren't using? At least if the vehicle is towed, the owner pays the charges.

I'm done with my rant now. And good morning. I think.

No comments: