Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fiber Fest? What Fiber Fest?

Drove out to Sis' this morning so she, Rafe and I could attend the Santa Monica Fiber Fest. Transferred from Henry (my car) to Darwin (her car) for the trip. Drove to the Conference Center, parked, and Sis put 2 hours worth of quarters into the parking meter. Walked from the car to the Conference Center. Hm, the parking lot is empty. Like, really empty. No people milling around outside. And the box office windows are shut. So, Sis calls the phone number on the discount coupon she has had on her fridge since last year's Fest. That number has been changed; so she called the new number. Apparently, the 2008 Fiber Fest was canceled. What to do, what to do.

Since we didn't know of any other crafty-type things going on today, we ended up at the Griffith Park Observatory. I haven't been there in years (like, since I was about 10 or 12, I think) so it was quite interesting. I took a picture of the Hollywood sign; lived my entire life in this general area and don't think I've ever taken a picture of it before. Even took a picture of Rafe taking a picture of Sis taking a picture of the sign. We didn't see all the exhibits, but wandered around a few. Discovered that I wouldn't mind being on Mars (weight-wise) but won't go near Jupiter. Sis and I decided that we aren't overweight, we just live on the wrong planet. The moon would be nice, too.

Had a late lunch at the Cafe At The End Of The Universe, and headed for home. Went to a talent show at the Church that some friends of Sis and Rafe attend; I'm going to try and add the little piece of video I took of their friend singing. Please forgive the shakiness of the video; it's my first attempt with the camera. I also used my new little camcorder to take a picture of their other friend juggling. I'll have to see how it turned out.

Anyway, it was a really fun day even if we didn't get to attend the fiber festival, and I'll post some pictures on Flickr.

No comments: