Monday, August 18, 2008

Healthy News

Well, today was just another regular day at work, if you discount the fact that the AP department was "all in a muddle" of attendance. The lady who has been out on leave since before I became a temp there was back today. One of the ladies is on vacation starting today; one of the ladies called in sick. The lady that handles the mailroom and filing was out today. Got a lot of invoices in the mail which didn't get processed because I spent most of the morning helping out with the filing, and then we had a lot of drop-ship invoices (that need to be processed the day we get them, so the customers can be billed) after lunch. So, there will be a lot of data entry for tomorrow. Oh, and Tuesday is check-run day, so we can't get started processing invoices until the checks are processed and reports run.

Talked to Duh today, she is feeling much better after her dental work on Friday. I guess she still isn't allowed to eat solid food and so she has been living on Slim-Fast drinks, milk shakes (eaten with a spoon) and pudding. She was planning on a trip to KFC on her way home from the Sprint store; she wants some "smashed taters 'n' gravy" for dinner. Happy took very good care of her over the weekend.

Talked to my SIL this evening, too. She had posted a MySpace message to me, saying that she wished we could have talked more last weekend because she had a medical issue that was concerning her. I messaged back for her to call if she wanted to talk, but didn't hear from her over the weekend. I knew she had a doctor's appointment today, so I called to see how things went. It sounds like everything is pretty much ok, although they are going to be running a few tests. Sounds similar to what I had a couple years ago, but not as drastic a case. She promised to keep me updated.

And, I guess that's about it for today. I'm posting a picture that I took yesterday at the observatory; this is a display model of the Moon. Nope, no man in residence.

No comments: